GEM (Girls Entertainment Mixture) is a Japanese idol group formed in December 2012 by iDOL Street.
It currently consists of 10 members who were selected from iDOL Street Street-sei (ストリート生). Each one of them has been assigned a gemstone.
The leader is Kanazawa Yuki.
The meaning of the unit’s name is that these girls “are going to become like precious stones one they will be polished”. It is also an abbreviation for “Girls Entertainment Mixture”.
On June 12, 2013, the 10 official members have been announced during a concert held at Nippon Budokan to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of Super☆Girls.
GEM released their major debut single We’re GEM on January 1, 2014.
In March, the idol unit was chosen as supporters of Shizuoka Marathon 2014 (静岡マラソン2014).
Their 1st nationwide concert tour GEM Live Mixture 2014 ~Black or White~ took place between March and May in Nagoya, Tokyo, Fukuoka and Shizuoka.
In April 2014, the members were appointed as image characters for Revive Moist shampoo. They appeared in commercials.
- GEM (Girls Entertainment Mixture)
- Years active : 2012 – present
- Label : iDOL Street
- Agency : Avex Management
- Kanazawa Yuki (金澤有希) (Amethyst)
- Ito Chisami (伊藤千咲美) (Pearl)
- Morioka Yu (森岡悠) (Citrine)
- Minamiguchi Nana (南口奈々) (Aquamarine)
- Kumashiro Jurin (熊代珠琳) (Black Diamond)
- Oguri Kako (小栗かこ) (Alexandrite)
- Murakami Rana (村上来渚) (Emerald)
- Takeda Maya (武田舞彩) (Star Ruby)
- Iyama Maho (伊山摩穂) (Fire Opal)
- Hirano Sara (平野沙羅) (Peridot)
- Oozeki Nagi (大関凪) (Sapphire)
- Asakawa Nana (浅川梨奈) (Rose Quartz)
- Sakamoto Hazuki (坂元葉月) (Rhodolite Garnet)
- Uchimura Risa (内村莉彩) (Diamond)
- 21/01/2013 : Sutorigu (ストリーーーーーグ)
- 27/07/2013 : Speed Up / Do It Do It
- 18/08/2013 : BeStreet
- 01/01/2014 : We’re GEM
- 04/06/2014 : Do You Believe?